As we continue to work amid the challenges of Covid-19, the East End Counselors Association is dedicated to supporting our members and school counselors across the East End of Long Island. We have collected resources and information to support school counselors in the important work of facilitating student progress in their academic development, career development and personal and social development.
Please use our News & Resources For School Counselors for updates on Covid-19. In addition, we have assembled resources from NYSED, ASCA, NYSSCA, SUNY and other sources to provide you with helpful links to information on the college admissions process, financial aid, and other resources for school counselors.
We also encourage members to share resources they find valuable by emailing Tom Rabbitt at email@example.com and we will add them to our News and Resources for School Counselors flyer which is updated periodically.
NYS Diploma Requirements / Presentation
The East End Counselors Association (EECA) is a chapter of the New York State School Counselors Association (NYSSCA) which is the Chartered Division of the American School Counselor Association (ASCA). Our mission is directly aligned with the objectives of NYSSCA.
Our goal is to enhance the professional experience of our membership with the following practices:
- Fostering personal and professional relationships among school counselors, school social workers, mental health professionals, college and career counselors and other school related personnel
- Advocating for school counseling and school counseling concerns
- Raising the standards of school counseling
- Providing opportunities for the discussion of ethical, legal, social and technical issues related to school counseling
- Initiating professional development opportunities relevant to school counseling
- Developing strategic partnerships with organizations that benefit the members and their students
- Remaining current on academic, career and personal social developmental programs
- Publishing and disseminating scientific, educational and professional information
- Operating as a not for profit professional organization
Administrator of the Year
East End Counselors Association is pleased to recognize outstanding service to the profession and the children of Suffolk County by presenting an “Administrator of the Year” award.
Counselor of the Year
In recognition of an outstanding counselor, the Executive Board of the EECA established the Barbara Ackerman Counselor of the Year Award.
Rising Star Award
East End Counselors Association is pleased to recognize outstanding service to the profession and the children of Suffolk County by presenting an annual “Rising Star” award. This award is specifically designed for those counselors “new” to our profession.