COVID-19 Pandemic- Refer to the ASCA and NYSSCA websites for resources that you may find helpful on the topic of Virtual School Counseling and Planning for services during this time of school closings. Reach out to a colleague for support and information as we all remain focused on the emotional, social and academic needs of our students and their families. Click here for more news and resources >>
We encourage members to share their resources by emailing Tom Rabbit at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add them to our COVID-19 resources flyer that we will be updating periodically.
The East End Counselors Association (EECA) is a chapter of the New York State School Counselors Association (NYSSCA) which is the Chartered Division of the American School Counselor Association (ASCA). Our mission is directly aligned with the objectives of NYSSCA.
Our goal is to enhance the professional experience of our membership with the following practices:
- Fostering personal and professional relationships among school counselors, school social workers, mental health professionals, college and career counselors and other school related personnel
- Advocating for school counseling and school counseling concerns
- Raising the standards of school counseling
- Providing opportunities for the discussion of ethical, legal, social and technical issues related to school counseling
- Initiating professional development opportunities relevant to school counseling
- Developing strategic partnerships with organizations that benefit the members and their students
- Remaining current on academic, career and personal social developmental programs
- Publishing and disseminating scientific, educational and professional information
- Operating as a not for profit professional organization
Administrator of the Year
East End Counselors Association is pleased to recognize outstanding service to the profession and the children of Suffolk County by presenting an “Administrator of the Year” award.
Counselor of the Year
In recognition of an outstanding counselor, the Executive Board of the EECA established the Barbara Ackerman Counselor of the Year Award.
Rising Star Award
East End Counselors Association is pleased to recognize outstanding service to the profession and the children of Suffolk County by presenting an annual “Rising Star” award. This award is specifically designed for those counselors “new” to our profession.