The East End Counselors Association (EECA) is a chapter of the New York State School Counselors Association (NYSSCA) which is the Chartered Division of the American School Counselor Association (ASCA). Our mission is directly aligned with the objectives of NYSSCA.
Our goal is to enhance the professional experience of our membership with the following practices:
- Fostering personal and professional relationships among school counselors, school social workers, mental health professionals, college and career counselors and other
- Advocating for school counseling and school counseling concerns
- Raising the standards of school counseling
- Providing opportunities for the discussion of ethical, legal, social and technical issues related to school counseling
- Initiating professional development opportunities relevant to school counseling
- Developing strategic partnerships with organizations that benefit the members and their students
- Remaining current on academic, career and personal social developmental programs
- Publishing and disseminating scientific, educational and professional informatio
- Operating as a not for profit professional organization
A Letter From the President
Dear EECA Colleagues,
I welcome you back to another school year; I hope that you were all able to use the summer you
were able to relax, recharge and spend enjoyable time with your family and friends.
As we continue to work through the challenges that COVID-19 presented to us, the East End
Counselors Association is dedicated to supporting our members and school communities across
the East End of Long Island. We remain diligent in collecting resources and information to
support school counselors in the important work of facilitating student progress in their academic
development, career development, and personal and social development. We are bringing back
our professional development meetings this year to help all counselors and support staff who
play such an intricate role in the education of our students, who are our number one priority.
As we start the 2022-2023 school year, please be sure to mark your calendar for the following
– Welcome Back Meeting- September 15 th , 2022 at Riverhead Cider House, 4-7pm
– NCAA/Financial Aid Night- October 19 th , 2022 at Riverhead High School, 5:30-7:30pm
– Fall College Fair- October 26th, 2022 at Riverhead High School, 5-7pm
– Bring an Administrator to Breakfast- December 6 th , 2022, Location and Time TBD
Please use our News and Resources page for updates. In addition, we have assembled resources
from NYSED, ASCA, NYSSCA, SUNY and other sources to provide you with helpful links to
information on the college admissions process, financial aid, and other resources for school
Have a great school year,
Who We Are
|Past President||Brandi Hopkins|
|President Elect||Vacant – Accepting Applications|
|Membership Chairpersons||Kristen Domeishel & Martha Tuthill|
|Scholarship Chairperson||Kathleen Sutton|
|Consultant to the Executive Board||Barbara Ackermann|
|College Fair Co-Chairs||Philip Antz, Caroline Stuke – Fall|
Joe Garvey, Caroline Stuke – Spring
|College Tour||Danielle Doscher/Brandi Hopkins|
|Trustees||Erin DaSilva, Julie Petersen, Lisa Simonetti, Veronica Stelzer|
|Newsletter & Public Relations/Historian||Tom Rabbitt|
For over 50 years, East End Counselors Association (EECA) has provided professional development opportunities and leadership for secondary and primary school counselors, college admissions counselors, school administrators, and mental health counselors. Through a variety of events and activities, the association achieves its primary goal of professional development and networking to its membership.
Among EECA’s annual initiatives are the Fall and Spring College Fairs; Financial Aid Night; Spring College Tour; and our student scholarship awards. Additionally, EECA sponsors annual college, career and mental health workshops not only for its professional constituency. We annually recognize the outstanding achievements of counselors with our Counselor of the Year Award and the Rising Star Award.
While these professional endeavors have long been the focus of the EECA, a mention must be made of the memorable social networking activities that we have hosted through the years: the End-of-the-Year Windmill Meetings on the property of the former Southampton College (currently SUNY Stony Brook Southampton); our annual Holiday Meetings, hosted by colleges and universities; and the annual Secretaries Luncheon, honoring the work and commitment of our departments’ secretaries. In 2019 the EECA celebrates 60 years in existence.