The East End Counselors Association (EECA) is a chapter of the New York State School Counselors Association (NYSSCA) which is the Chartered Division of the American School Counselor Association (ASCA). Our mission is directly aligned with the objectives of NYSSCA.
Our goal is to enhance the professional experience of our membership with the following practices:
- Fostering personal and professional relationships among school counselors, school social workers, mental health professionals, college and career counselors and other
- Advocating for school counseling and school counseling concerns
- Raising the standards of school counseling
- Providing opportunities for the discussion of ethical, legal, social and technical issues related to school counseling
- Initiating professional development opportunities relevant to school counseling
- Developing strategic partnerships with organizations that benefit the members and their students
- Remaining current on academic, career and personal social developmental programs
- Publishing and disseminating scientific, educational and professional informatio
- Operating as a not for profit professional organization
A Letter From the President
On behalf of the Executive Board of East End Counselors Association (EECA), I would like to personally welcome you to our website. We’re delighted that you’re here.
For over 50 years, East End Counselors Association has provided professional development opportunities and leadership for secondary and primary school counselors, college admissions counselors, school administrators, and mental health counselors. Through a variety of events and activities, the association achieves its primary goal of professional development and networking to its membership.
I strongly encourage you to take a moment to familiarize yourself with all the features and resources of the site that are available to you. If you are involved in our profession and are not already a member of EECA, I encourage you to become one. Explore the membership section where you will learn more about the benefits of our association.
For our members who are not yet involved with the work of this fine association, I encourage you to get involved. There are numerous committees that handle fundamental and essential responsibilities of the association. Each committee allows members the opportunity to participate and become actively involved in the East End Counselors Association. I assure you that you will find your experience to be both rewarding and beneficial.
Before I conclude, I would like to take the opportunity to publicly thank my Executive Board for all of their hard work, service, dedication and time given to the association. What you do is amazing and should be recognized. I appreciate all that you do. I am honored to be your President and will continue to serve EECA and its members.
EECA is here to serve YOU our members, so please don’t hesitate to contact us.